Sunday, February 10, 2013

A clean space.


I love Becka's blog. So much so that Charlie likes to tease me a little bit about it. I found it a few years ago and it has probably been the only blog that I have followed closely. Her honesty and unconformity inspires me.

Last week she wrote about how she needed to downsize and simplify her life, which has become a new passion of mine throughout the last year. When I moved home from Canada in September 2010, I left everything in boxes. There were things that were still in boxes from my move to Canada two years prior. I didn't have any furniture that was mine, I just didn't want to go through it all.

But eventually I did, when I moved to Lacey last spring. It was the first time in years I had sorted through my stuff. A lot of things from my childhood and high school. I was very unorganized. Since then I have found it very liberating to periodically clean out the clutter and organize a bit at a time. It's hard because I keep moving, but I don't think there's anything more peaceful (besides a beach in Maui, which I will be writing about in my next post) than knowing everything that you own and having a place where it belongs.

So I will be following Becka on her own Project Downsize and hopefully picking up some tips along the way. I think it's time for another de-clutter of my own anyways. Anyone else going to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment