Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baby to be

If you are friends with me on Facebook, then you heard our big news on Christmas... I am pregnant and we are expecting our first baby on July 24!

I promise this wont turn into a pregnancy or mommy blog (I love those, but there are enough already :), but I will post updates every once in a while and I'm sure a bombardment of photo's after baby is born. I also tend to be the most pensive when I am struggling or can't stop mulling over things and that's typically when I like to lay my thoughts out in a post. I'm excited to write today because my pregnancy has been (mostly) a secret until this week, and I haven't gotten to share it with anyone so, time to catch up! 

We found out I was pregnant the day after Thanksgiving. I was previously diagnosed with PCOS and told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant without the help of a perscription drug, so pregnancy was far from a concern of mine. Even after my wonderful monthly gift was a bit late I wasn't too worried, it was far more likely that it was being weird (as usual). But I was having something weird, very mild cramps on and off throughout the week. Finally by Friday I googled it and saw that can be a symptom of pregnancy (mild cramping as the fetus is implanted), and then I thought 'Wow, I really could be pregnant." We bought a test and within seconds the line over the pregnancy window was visible. My heart started racing, I was in disbelief. I called Charlie in, we were both shaking and having a major adrenaline rush. 

That weekend was by far the worst days of my pregnancy so far. I was nauseous every second of the day, I could hardly eat saltines. I was exhausted and could smell everything from a mile away. Not to mention that I was going through a grieving processing over all of my materialistic and self absorbed idols. ('I'm going to get fat, my body will never be the same, it will take me forever to finish school, I have no energy to workout or study.'). The following Tuesday I weighed myself and I had lost four pounds from being so nauseous. After another week it started to get better, and as of now I've gained those pounds back and then some :) 

Throughout the last month, Charlie has truly been a blessing from above. He makes me food without even having to ask, he always makes sure I have my water and whatever I happen to be craving at that moment (oranges!), he wouldn't leave my side for five hours at the hospital while I got rehydrated and checked out. He has been so sensitive to my moodiness and has never given me a hard time for being  tired/emotional/crabby. I praise God for this man!

At our first appointment we got to see the baby on an ultrasound (not normal, but I was having some side pain so they just wanted to be cautious). It was such a sigh of relief finally getting to see that yes, there was a baby in there and everything was normal. We even got to see it's heartbeat flickering on the screen. I have never seen Charlie so happy in my life. 

Right now I am ten and a half weeks along, and greatly looking forward to my second trimester. I haven't had very much energy over the last month, but I'm hoping that second trimester energy isn't a myth! 




No comments:

Post a Comment