Wednesday, January 30, 2013

15 weeks

There are a lot of ins and outs to pregnancy. For the last ten weeks or so, even though some times have been really hard, everything has felt okay because it was happening when it should have been. I felt awful the first few weeks, and as crummy as it was, it was normal. But now here I am tapping my foot at the second trimester and waiting for the new normal to begin. I expected that by now I would be softening up and rounding out, with a healthy glow and a hearty appetite. But I have none of those things. I throw up a few times a week and I haven't gained a single ounce since I got pregnant. Most of the time I still have the first trimester "blah's" where I do really care too much about anything except trying to not feel sick. Migraines, stomach aches, nausea, heart burn... How does anyone gain weight during pregnancy?

But I do have the mood swings... don't worry :) (or do).

I am glad we are going to the doctor in a few days because I need her to put me at ease. Is my baby actually growing even though it (and I) still feels tiny? Could anxiety be playing a role in all of this?

Life is all about realizing that your expectations are off base. And well, pregnancy isn't any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment