Wednesday, June 19, 2013

35 Weeks

A side note before I start: I'm going to chalk my last post up to a few days of built up hormones and poor prayer. The next day I spent the morning praying and asking God to take all of burdens from me and he has TOTALLY answered my prayers. I am feeling much better now :-)

I feel like we are at the beginning of the end, and I couldn't be happier. It seems so surreal to be saying goodbye to pregnancy soon. Since November 23, it has been my whole life. It's weird to think about wearing normal clothes again, it's weird to think about being able bodied and having my strength back, it's going to be weird not having everything I do or eat affect my growing baby. You seriously go through a complete mind and body adjustment when you are pregnant, nothing is the same. And now, it's all going to be done with.

On another side note, I would personally like to thank the five hundred people who have told me that I don't look like I'm ready to have a baby and who have commented on how tiny I am. It has made me realize how much we need to compliment each other more, it is such an easy blessing to give to someone!

Right now we are on "vacation" since Charlie just finished his spring quarter at the Art Institute and has two weeks before summer quarter starts. We have been planning out for a while how we would spend this break, and it has already been a very productive week. We have a ton of things on our "to-do" list that includes so many things, from selling a car to creating a paper filing system.

We decided to spend last weekend down at my parents house to take advantage of their patio space to sand and paint a bunch of wooden picture frames that we have been collecting at garage sales and thrift stores. We are also going to sand and stain some crates from Michael's (yes, hopping on this Pinterest train!) that we will be using as storage in our bathroom. On Sunday we also had a joint family baby shower with my sister since she is also expecting in September! It was a huge celebration and we were so blessed by the dozens of family members that came and the gifts they bestowed onto us. Now that our showers are out of the way, we have a pretty clear view of what is left that we need to get for baby over the next month. Yesterday we went to an amazing consignment store up the road and got most of the things left on our list. It seems so weird that we have pretty much everything we need. Carseat, stroller, swing, baby carrier... Are we really all prepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment